Roop & Co. recently took home six PRSA Cleveland Rocks Awards and seven PRSA NWPA Niagara Awards in recognition of its PR and media relations work. Each year, these awards honor outstanding communication campaigns and tactics developed by the local PRSA communities. In Cleveland, the agency racked up the third most awards among its industry peers.
Roop & Co. took home awards for the following projects this year:
- Public Safety Campaigns – Diversity & Inclusion (Cleveland) & COVID-19 Communications (NWPA): Erie County Department of Health’s COVID-19 campaign, which involved major research, messaging and PR for how to best reach underserved populations.
- Annual Report (Cleveland) & Publications (NWPA): RPM 2020 annual report and interactive online report, which sought to communicate with shareholders the continued progress of the company’s operational improvement program, “Building a Better World” initiative and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Trade Media Relations (Cleveland) & Marketing (NWPA): Polar King’s COVID-19 vaccine PR campaign, which was a national campaign designed to demonstrate how the company’s cooler/freezer units were leveraged for COVID-19 testing and vaccine distribution during the global pandemic.
- B2B Media Relations (NWPA): Eriez’s Global Link newsletter, which aims to convey the company’s newly centralized approach for employee communications and “One Eriez” global initiative across all 13 of its subsidiaries worldwide.
- Internal eNewsletters (Cleveland) & Digital Publications (NWPA): RPM Around the World Newsletter, which aims to enhance RPM’s employee communications and disseminate important pandemic-related information to the company’s 15,500 employees worldwide.
- Internal/Corporate Communications (Cleveland): Video produced for the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (NEORSD) during the global pandemic to increase engagement and celebrate winners at its annual service awards recognition program.
- Website/Mobile App (Cleveland) & Interactive/Social Media Communications (NWPA): RPM website redesign, which sought to improve its online investor communications through an interactive website with improved functionality and a modern design.
- Media Relations/Feature Stories (NWPA): Eriez’s media relations program, which produced significant media coverage across 90% of nearly 100 top-tier trade publications that target the company’s primary U.S. customer base over a two-year period.
“It’s a great honor to be recognized in the PR industry by our peers, who truly know great work and the effort it takes to produce it,” said Brad Kostka, president of Roop & Co. “Winning on our home turf in Cleveland is a noteworthy feat, but I’m also proud to be recognized by our industry peers in Northwestern PA during our first year of entering submissions. I look forward to bringing our clients more innovative, award-winning work in 2022.”
Roop & Co. became a member of PRGN earlier this year, after acquiring founding agency member and local PR agency Stevens Strategic Communications. In addition to these PRSA awards, the agency also won seven PRGN 2021 Best Practice Awards in early December—bringing the total to an impressive 18 awards earned in 2021.